Subject: Updated: binutils-20010802-1 (experimental)
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 13:07:30 -0400

I've made a new version of binutils available for download.

A description of the changes to this version (courtesy of Chuck Wilson)
are included below.  There is also, for the first time, a
cygwin-specific README file in the distribution with similar wording.

Note that this version is currently experimental so you will have to
specifically select it (click on "Exp") when running setup.exe.  I
will move it from "experimental" to "current" after I've seen some
feedback (or lack thereof) on the cygwin mailing list.

To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page.  This downloads setup.exe to your
system.

To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page.  This downloads setup.exe to your
system.  Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.

The setup.exe program will figure out what needs to be updated on your
system and will install newer packages automatically.
 
Note that we have recently stopped downloads from sources.redhat.com
(aka cygwin.com) due to bandwidth limitations.  This means that you will
need to find a mirror which has this update.
 
In the US,
ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/mirrors/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/
is a reliable high bandwidth connection.
 
In Germany,
ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/pc/gnuwin32/cygwin/mirrors/cygnus/
is usually pretty good.
 
In the UK,
http://programming.ccp14.ac.uk/ftp-mirror/programming/cygwin/pub/cygwin/
is usually up-to-date within 48 hours.
 
If one of the above doesn't have the latest version of this package
then you can either wait for the site to be updated or find another
mirror.

If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: [email-masked] .  I would appreciate if you would
use this mailing list rather than emailing me directly.  This includes
ideas and comments about the setup utility or Cygwin in general.

If you want to make a point or ask a question, the Cygwin mailing list
is the appropriate place.

              *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***

If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

cygwin-announce-unsubscribe-you=[email-masked]

Christopher Faylor
Cygwin Engineering Manager (and Developer)
Red Hat, Inc.
--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/