Subject: Re: How display GUI application with SSH ?
From: Andrew Markebo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: 02 Aug 2001 21:07:35 +0200

Uhm what kind of GUI application do you want to see where??

Basically, if you want to run an x-application on your cygwin machine
and show it on a unix-box, or the other way around that is easy both
with and without ssh.

If you want to use ssh, make sure your ssh-server and client has it
enabled. And the only thing required would be that you do a ssh from
the machine you are running the x-server on, to the machine you want
to run the x-application and start it from there. (You can also do the
ssh the other way around)

How do you want to combine inetd.. with ssh?

        /Andy

/ [email-masked] wrote:
| I can't seen any GUI application on my PC (running sshd/cygwin) through an
| ssh session from a unix box. Of course it's work if i launch  a GUI
| application from Cygwin bash on my PC. I have partially solved it in using
| inetd. I say partially because now i can see GUI applications but only
| through a telnet session, sshd doesn't work with inetd !!!
| Thanks in advance for your help.
| 
| 
| 
| --
| Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
| Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
| Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
| FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/