Subject: Re: cygrunsrv and .bat files ??
From: [email-masked]
To: Glenn Mabbutt <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 14:55:50 -0500

cygrunsrv executes the controlled program via the execv() system call,
which (AFAIK) doesn't understand win32 batch files.  You might try
configuring your service to run cmd.exe as the program and give it the
name of your batch file as an argument, so that cygrunsrv executes
cmd.exe which then runs the batch file.

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 02:37:36PM -0500, Glenn Mabbutt wrote:
> Hi. I've got a 2 line batch file that I'm trying to run as a service on 
> NT/2000 (starts a secure tunnel client which spawns vncviewer in listen 
> mode, then kills vncviewer process after secure tunnel client exits).  

-- 
Fred Yankowski           [email-masked]      tel: +1.630.879.1312
Principal Consultant     www.OntoSys.com       fax: +1.630.879.1370
OntoSys, Inc             38W242 Deerpath Rd, Batavia, IL 60510, USA

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/