Subject: Re: Problems with ViM
From: Lee <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 16:57:05 +0100 (BST)

...Does anybody knows how to configure cygwin shell so I can use
my ViM under cygwin and under windows without any problems?...

I've been using vim on cygwin and (g)vim under windows without problems
for quite some time. Both use the exact same vimrc file. Both are
installed in their default locations. Vim under windows has VIM=C:\VIM set
as an environment variable and cygwin has no special environment vars
set. My vimrc file is the same for all platforms I use as it configures
vim/gvim depending on the running environment. My vimrc is at
http://www.snert.demon.co.uk/uploads/.vimrc

Not sure if it will help you with your problem but it may help you
configure vim for the different environments

HTH

~Lee

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/