Subject: Re: cygz DLL missing from 1.3.2 distrib under win98
From: "Michael J. Gourlay" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] (Charles Wilson)
Cc: [email-masked] (Michael J. Gourlay), [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 12:30:52 -0600 (MDT)

> > Hello,
> > The cygz.dll file is missing from the latest distribution for win98.
> > I downloaded and installed that today, and found this problem by running
> > "ssh", which reported the missing DLL.
>
>
>  From your cygcheck output:
>
> > 49k 2001/02/03 C:\cygwin\bin\cygz.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
> >                   "cygz.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/2/3 13:35
> --Chuck

I am not sure what you are trying to say by quoting the output of my
run of cygcheck back to me, but I would guess that you doubt the
veracity of my bug report.  I suspect you have not tested installing
Cygwin from scratch on a machine that lacks "CYGZ.DLL".  The fact
remains that the release of Cygwin from of Friday afternoon lacks that
file.  As I wrote in my original message, I installed "CYGZ.DLL" from
an /earlier/ distribution, which accounts for the presence of that file
in cygcheck.

I'm not asking for help;  I'm trying to help /you/ fix a problem with
the Cygwin distribution.  Before I intalled "CYGZ.DLL" from an old
dist, it did not exist on my machine.  The symptoms of that were (a)
ssh failed to run, reporting a missing "CYGZ.DLL" and (b) the results
of a "find" searched turned up no such files.  I told you the problem I
experienced with Cygwin, and my solution to it.  Use the information as
you wish, but simply reporting back to me that my attempt to help you
was wasted makes me less inclined to help in the future.

--
Dr. Michael J. Gourlay                                       Research Scientist
NWRA/Colorado Research Assoc: Boulder, CO 80301; 303-415-9701x203  FAX:415-9702
[email-masked]        http://www.colorado-research.com/~gourlay/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/