Subject: Re: calc and your web site
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Landon Curt Noll <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 12:04:06 -0400

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 02:09:01AM -0700, Landon Curt Noll wrote:
>Dear cygwin folks,
>
>Recently we have been subject to a huge spam attack to the EMail address
>[email-masked].  This was rather curious since calc-mail was not
>an official EMail address for calc.  We were wondering where people
>picked up the [email-masked] address until just now ... when we
>found this EMail access listed on your web page:
>
>	http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/
>
>We are very happy to have calc listed under the software.  However we
>would appreciate it if the 'Landon Curt Noll' link, which is
>currently a mailto:[email-masked] were changed to the following URL:
>
>	http://www.isthe.com/chongo/tech/comp/calc/email.html#list
>
>This URL brings someone to a web page with an image with the
>correct EMail address.
>
>Unfortunately I suspect a number of people might have tried your
>mailto EMail address and became lost in the spam.  I am sure that
>people will be better served with the above URL being used instead.
>
>chongo (Landon Curt Noll) /\oo/\
>p.s. The link you are using for calc is correct, BTW.

Um.  I'm confused.  Didn't *you* submit this entry?  You're talking
about the URL that "we" are using but "we" didn't contribute this entry.
You, or someone else, did.

Maybe you should find out who submitted the incorrect entry to make
sure that this doesn't happen again.

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/