Subject: Re: what package tr and cat?
From: "Robert Praetorius" <[email-masked]>
To: Pedro Jones <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 00:12:36 +1000

>   I'm trying to build python and the configure script reports that it
>   can't find tr and cat
>   I've been downloading packages piecemill because I have a slow modem
>   connection, but I've tried getting a few likely packages without nabbing
>   those two so I thought I'd ask for help.

     For cygwin packages that are just ports of GNU packages, you can 
find this info at

        <GNU mirror>/ProgramIndex or <GNU mirror>/DESCRIPTIONS

, where <GNU mirror> is one of the mirror sites listed at

        http://www.gnu.org/order/ftp.html

For a general answer to which cygwin package contains the binary for 
X, I don't know where to look.

----g-i-v-e---m-e---a-r-b-e-r-r-y---o-r---g-i-v-e---m-e---b-a-r-k-s-----
"oncology recapitulates philately" --Mark Maxson    Robert M. Praetorius
"balance, not symmetry" --Mark Stanley         home: [email-masked]
(attribution by Stigler)                  work: [email-masked]

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/