Subject: Re: Probably a very simple problem - hopefully someone will help me
From: Kurt Roeckx <[email-masked]>
To: Heribert Dahms <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 02:07:00 +0200

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 11:44:59PM +0200, Heribert Dahms wrote:
> 
> almost! According to Appendix A of Richard W. Steven's famous
> "Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment" (a "must have" IMHO)
> lseek needs including <sys/types.h> before <unistd.h>!

And so do things like open() if you look at certain manpages.
Not all manpages mention it, and not all libc need them.  That
doesn't mean you shouldn't include it however. :)

But gcc only complained about the missing declarations for the
functions, and I knew that all those functions had unistd.h in
common.

I wonder where the manpages for "system calls" are under cygwin.
Section two is completly missing.

Kurt

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/