Subject: Problems with generating kde2 dlls under cygwin
From: "Ralf Habacker" <[email-masked]>
To: "Binutils" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Cygwin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 11:32:36 +0200

Hi all,
on compiling kde 2 for cygwin I have problems with the ld -whole-archive
option. Perhaps someone can help me.

The ld manual tells the following about the --whole-archive option:

"For each archive mentioned on the command line after the --whole-archive
option, include every object file in the archive in the link, rather than
searching the archive for the required object files. This is normally used
to turn an archive file into a shared library, forcing every object to be
included in the resulting shared library. This option may be used more than
once.""

This works good in the following manner:

g++ -shared <flags> -Wl,--whole-archive <objs> -Wl,-no-whole-archive
<deplibs>

and if <deplib> are import libs of other shared libraries.
If <deplib> contains a static lib, the used symbols of this lib are always
exported. Can anyone tell, whats goeing wrong and how I could supress this ?

Thank you for any help

Regard
Ralf Habacker

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/