Subject: Problems running dejagnu on libstdc++v3.dg in gcc-3.0.1 prerelease 2001-07-16
From: Christian Jönsson <[email-masked]>
To: "cygwin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 13:53:04 +0200

When I try to run the testsuite of gcc version 3.0.1 20010716 (prerelease) I
just get the following problem:

Native configuration is i686-pc-cygwin

=== libstdc++-v3 tests ===

Schedule of variations:

unix

Running target unix

Using /usr/share/dejagnu/baseboards/unix.exp as board description file for
target.
Using /usr/share/dejagnu/config/unix.exp as generic interface file for
target.
Using /usr/local/src/gcc-20010716/libstdc++-v3/testsuite/config/default.exp
as tool-and-target-specific interface file.
Running
/usr/local/src/gcc-20010716/libstdc++-v3/testsuite/libstdc++-v3.dg/dg.exp
...
ERROR: tcl error sourcing
/usr/local/src/gcc-20010716/libstdc++-v3/testsuite/libstdc++-v3.dg/dg.exp.
ERROR: couldn't compile regular expression pattern: nested *?+

My setup is this:

This was on an win2k/sp2 host with an up to date cygwin install.
Root dir of cygwin install is C:\cygwin.

binutils-20010425-2
cygwin-1.3.2-1
dejagnu-20010117-1
(patched as http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/dejagnu/2001-April/000003.html)
expect-20010117-1
gcc-2.95.3-5
tcltk-20001125-1

Cheers,

/ChJ

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/