Subject: Re: Is CygWin the thing for UNIX compatible web development on Windows?
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 08:44:29 +0200

> I'm not aware of a mysql binary at this time, it failed to build the
> last time i tried.  Or is there someone who got a binary out there
> somewhere?  On the other hand cygwin comes with postgresql which is
> much more advanced than mysql...

no, mysqld is currently _not_ running on cygwin because of missing pthread
functionality.

But I have to addmit that the last build I tried is a couple of months ago and there
has been a lot of work on the pthread side of cygwin, so I suppose there should be
another try in the upcoming weeks.

Stipe

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/