Subject: Re: 1.3.2: date command does not show 3-letter time zone on NT.
From: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 15:46:33 -0400

At 03:01 PM 7/16/2001, Ehud Karni wrote:
>On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 08:56:31 -0400, Bil Mason <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > 
> > I have not tested this on any other Windows platform but NT.  To reproduce
> > the problem, open a cygwin shell and type "date".  On my system the results
> > look something like this:
> > 
> > bash-2.05$ date
> > Mon Jul 16 08:46:49  2001
> > 
> > Note that the 3-letter time zone abbreviation should appear between the time
> > and the year (for me that's EDT).
> > 
> > No combination of options will output the time zone including the most
> > obvious "date +%Z" (this produces blank output).
>
>The Linux and the Cygwin date are derived from the same source 
>[ date (GNU sh-utils) 2.0  Written by David MacKenzie ] so it should be
>the same. I did not look into it but I will do it by the weekend. The
>`date' that comes from ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/pub/ has the 3 letters
>time zone (but has other problems).
>
>The `zic' `zdump' and various relating man pages should be included in
>Cygwin. I posted a suggestion about it 2 weeks ago but got no comments.
>I'm willing to maintain it (check for new versions and make any
>necessary adjustments).

Have you seen the FAQ entry for this?

How do I contribute a package?
http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC78

If not, check it out.  If so and you're "there" already, you just need 
access to upload your stuff.  Corinna or Chris will need to provide this
for you.  Chris is on vacation until next week.  Also, you should 
subscribe to cygwin-apps if you're not already.

Larry Hall                              [email-masked]
RFK Partners, Inc.                      http://www.rfk.com
118 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746                     (508) 893-9889 - FAX

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/