Subject: Re: NTVDM illegal instruction
From: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Eager <[email-masked]>, Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Cc: work <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 14:17:16 -0400

At 01:26 PM 7/13/2001, Michael Eager wrote:
>I'm getting pop-up error message from "16-bit MSDOS Subsystem"
>which complains about "NTVDM illegal instruction" and gives 
>CS:05d8, IP:0e9d, OP:ff620200 (none of which seems remarkably useful).
>It also displays /usr/src/redhat/SPECS which is the current directory.
>
>I'm running the latest version of Cygwin on NT2K, latest SR, on an 
>Athlon processor.  The problem seems reproducable.  At the time I get
>the error, there are several copies of bash running, as well as rpm,
>cmd, make, and NTVDM.  
>
>The MS website has a page on "Troubleshooting NTVDM and WOW Startup Errors",
>(http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q196/4/53.ASP)
>which I'll follow and see if it helps.  
>
>Has anyone encountered similar problems?

In case you weren't sure, Cygwin doesn't use NTVDM.  If you're looking 
to narrow down the scope of the problem, you should be able to eliminate
Cygwin as a potential source as a result.

Larry Hall                              [email-masked]
RFK Partners, Inc.                      http://www.rfk.com
118 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746                     (508) 893-9889 - FAX

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/