Subject: Re: Running Dejagnu under Cygwin
From: [email-masked]
To: Cheuk Cheng <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 16:40:34 -0400

Cheuk Cheng <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I had installed the gnupro99r1p1 toolkit on my Win2000 machine.  I ran
configure on the parallel source directory of gcc (..\win32\gcc) and then
installed the newly built binaries after make finished.   If I ran all
tests to the end,
the test summary would say that thousands passed while there would tens of
unexpected failures and passes.  At this point, I am not sure whether the
unexpected ones are normal or not.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Yes, if you look at the cygwin results which have been appearing on
gcc-testsuites, you will see that there are from a dozen to upwards of
80 unexpected g++ testsuite failures, and the unix script is the only
one ever used.  A few of the failures respond to configure
--enable-sjlj-exceptions.  I don't know all the secrets which David
Billinghurst has found to get his recent excellent results, but I push
in other directions, such as configuring at least 8-byte alignments.
Yours is the first report I've seen of success with gnu-pro.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/