Subject: Re: Running Dejagnu under Cygwin
From: [email-masked]
To: Cheuk Cheng <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 16:32:32 -0400

Cheuk Cheng <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I had installed the gnupro99r1p1 toolkit on my Win2000 machine.  I ran
configure on the parallel source directory of gcc (..\win32\gcc) and then
installed the newly built binaries after make finished.  Then I grabbed
dejagnu-20010126.tar.gz from the web and did the same configure and
installation.  I found there was only a single file called site.exp inside
..\win32\gcc\testsuite while there were lots more subdirectories and files
under the original src\gcc\testsuite directory.  The content of
site.exp was
below.

## these variables are automatically generated by make ##
# Do not edit here. If you wish to override these values
# add them to the last section
set rootme "/d/toolchain-x/src-cygnus/gnupro-99r1p1/win32/gcc" (parallel
source directory)
set srcdir "/d/toolchain-x/src-cygnus/gnupro-99r1p1/src/gcc"  (original
source directory)
set host_triplet i686-pc-cygwin32
set build_triplet i686-pc-cygwin32
set target_triplet i686-pc-cygwin32
set target_alias i686-pc-cygwin32
set CFLAGS ""
set CXXFLAGS
"-I/d/toolchain-x/src-cygnus/gnupro-99r1p1/win32/gcc/../libio
-I$srcdir/../l
ibg++/src -I$srcdir/../libio -I$srcdir/../libstdc++
-I$srcdir/../libstdc++/s
tl -L/d/toolchain-x/src-cygnus/gnupro-99r1p1/win32/gcc/../libg++
-L/d/toolch
ain-x/src-cygnus/gnupro-99r1p1/win32/gcc/../libstdc++"
append LDFLAGS "
-L/d/toolchain-x/src-cygnus/gnupro-99r1p1/win32/gcc/../ld"
set tmpdir /d/toolchain-x/src-cygnus/gnupro-99r1p1/win32/gcc/testsuite
set srcdir "${srcdir}/testsuite"
## All variables above are generated by configure. Do Not Edit ##

If I entered "runtest --tool g++ -srcdir ./testsuite" from win32\gcc\ in
bash, I got the following.

WARNING: Couldn't find the global config file.
Test Run By cheng on Thu Jul 12 12:15:03 2001
Native configuration is i686-pc-cygwin32

                === g++ tests ===

Schedule of variations:
    unix

Running target unix
Using /usr/share/dejagnu/baseboards/unix.exp as board description file for
targe
t.
Using /usr/share/dejagnu/config/unix.exp as generic interface file for
target.
ERROR: Couldn't find tool config file for unix.

                === g++ Summary ===

WARNING: g++_version failed:
can't read "GXX_UNDER_TEST": no such variable

If I entered the same command line from src\gcc, I got the following.

WARNING: Couldn't find the global config file.
Test Run By cheng on Thu Jul 12 12:18:59 2001
Native configuration is i686-pc-cygwin

                === g++ tests ===

Schedule of variations:
    unix

Test Run By cheng on Thu Jul 12 12:18:59 2001
Native configuration is i686-pc-cygwin

  === g++ tests ===

Schedule of variations:
    unix

Running target unix
Using /usr/share/dejagnu/baseboards/unix.exp as board description file for
target.
Using /usr/share/dejagnu/config/unix.exp as generic interface file for
target.
Using ./testsuite/config/default.exp as tool-and-target-specific interface
file.
Running ./testsuite/g++.dg/special/ecos.exp ...
ALWAYS_CXXFLAGS set to
{additional_flags=-I/d/toolchain-x/src-cygnus/gnupro-99r1p1/src/libstdc++
-I
/d/toolchain-x/src-cygnus/gnupro-99r1p1/src/libstdc++/stl} ldflags=
incdir=/d/toolchain-x/src-cygnus/gnupro-99r1p1/src/gcc/../include
Executing on host: c++
testsuite/g++.dg/special/conpr-1.C  -finit-priority  
-I/d/toolchain-x/src-c
ygnus/gnupro-99r1p1/src/libstdc++
-I/d/toolchain-x/src-cygnus/gnupro-99r1p1/
src/libstdc++/stl
-I/d/toolchain-x/src-cygnus/gnupro-99r1p1/src/gcc/../inclu
de   -lm   -o ./a.out    (timeout = 300)
spawn c++
./testsuite/g++.dg/special/conpr-1.C -finit-priority
-I/d/toolchain-x/src-cy
gnus/gnupro-99r1p1/src/libstdc++
-I/d/toolchain-x/src-cygnus/gnupro-99r1p1/s
rc/libstdc++/stl
-I/d/toolchain-x/src-cygnus/gnupro-99r1p1/src/gcc/../includ
e -lm -o ./a.out

PASS: g++.dg/special/conpr-1.C (test for excess errors)
spawn [open ...]

      0 [sig] a.out 1952 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to
a.out.stackdump
FAIL: g++.dg/special/conpr-1.C execution test
Executing on host:
++  -finit-priority 
-I/d/toolchain-x/src-cygnus/gnupro-99r1p1/src/libstdc++
 -I/d/toolchain-x/src-cygnus/gnupro-99r1p1/src/libstdc++/stl
-I/d/toolchain-
x/src-cygnus/gnupro-99r1p1/src/gcc/../include -c  -o conpr-2a.o
./testsuite/g++.dg/special/conpr-2a.C    (timeout = 300)
spawn
c++ -finit-priority
-I/d/toolchain-x/src-cygnus/gnupro-99r1p1/src/libstdc++ 
-I/d/toolchain-x/src-cygnus/gnupro-99r1p1/src/libstdc++/stl
-I/d/toolchain-x
/src-cygnus/gnupro-99r1p1/src/gcc/../include -c -o conpr-2a.o
./testsuite/g++.dg/special/conpr-2a.C

Executing on host: c++ ./testsuite/g++.dg/special/conpr-2.C

onpr-2a.o -finit-priority 
-I/d/toolchain-x/src-cygnus/gnupro-99r1p1/src/lib
stdc++ -I/d/toolchain-x/src-cygnus/gnupro-99r1p1/src/libstdc++/stl
-I/d/tool
chain-x/src-cygnus/gnupro-99r1p1/src/gcc/../include   -lm   -o ./a.out
(timeout = 300)
spawn c++ ./testsuite/g++.dg/special/conpr-2.C
conpr-2a.o -finit-priority
-I/d/toolchain-x/src-cygnus/gnupro-99r1p1/src/lib
stdc++ -I/d/toolchain-x/src-cygnus/gnupro-99r1p1/src/libstdc++/stl
-I/d/tool
chain-x/src-cygnus/gnupro-99r1p1/src/gcc/../include -lm -o ./a.out

PASS: g++.dg/special/conpr-2.C (test for excess errors)
spawn [open ...]

      0 [sig] a.out 2344 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to
a.out.stackdump
FAIL: g++.dg/special/conpr-2.C execution test

Since I am a novice to GNU, I don't know whether the content of
site.exp is
correct or not.  I also don't understand why Dejagnu displays unix as the
running target above, even though sites.exp specifies only
i686-pc-cygwin32.
I have read the Dejagnu manual but am confused about how to specify
running
Dejagnu and the tests on the same PC.  Does Dejagnu automatically assume
local running or remote running of tests?  If I ran all tests to the end,
the test summary would say that thousands passed while there would tens of
unexpected failures and passes.  At this point, I am not sure whether the
unexpected ones are normal or not.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/