Subject: RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygrunsrv-0.94-1
From: Riaan Labuschagne <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 12:09:56 +0200

Dear Corinna,

I have used your Cygrunsrv to run PostgreSQL on Windows. Everything works
perfectly. I read through your docs and got it right first time.

I have no previous knowledge of Unix/Linux other than installing Red Hat, so
your software works and is well documented. I must commend you on a job well
done and if you ever need references you can put my name on top of the list.

Thanks again.

Riaan Labuschagne
e-mail: [email-masked]
+27 82 567 9063
+27 21 982 2223
+27 21 982 2225 (fax)
Visit http://www.radioretail.co.za

-----Original Message-----
From: Corinna Vinschen [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 12 July 2001 10:56
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygrunsrv-0.94-1

I have updated cygrunsrv to version 0.94-1 which adds the following
features:

- New option `--shutdown' to send a signal to the application on
  system shutdown, allowing the application to perform cleanup
  actions on shutdown.

- New option `--chdir' to allow running the application in another
  current directory.

To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com web page.  This downloads setup.exe to your system.

Run setup and answer all of the questions.  The mirrors below have the
latest version of this package:

ftp://gd.tuwien.ac.at/gnu/cygwin/ (Austria)
ftp://ftp.mirror.ac.uk/sites/sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/cygwin/ (UK)
ftp://ftp.sunsite.utk.edu/pub/cygwin/ (US)

Note that if this is the first time that you've run the new GUI version
of setup, it will currently download the whole cygwin net release again.
After this point it will only download what is needed.

If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at:  [email-masked] .  I would appreciate if you would
use this mailing list rather than emailing me directly.  This includes
ideas and comments about the setup utility or Cygwin in general.

If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin mailing list is
the appropriate place.

              *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***

If you want to unsubscribe to the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

cygwin-announce-unsubscribe-you=[email-masked]

-- 
Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer                                mailto:[email-masked]
Red Hat, Inc.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/