Subject: Re: dumper.exe
From: Tak Ota <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 21:13:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001 23:42:15 -0400, "Charles S. Wilson" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> During the cygwin build process, it prints out a message concerning 
> dumper -- I've forgotten the exact details, but it's something like "I'm 
> not going to build dumper.  If you want to build dumper, then you need 
> to check out the "naked-bfd" and "naked-gettext" modules from cvs"
> 
> Did you do that?

Yes, I saw that message and yes, I did that.  Actually they where
"naked-bfd" and "naked-intl".  "naked-intl" had some build problem and
I had to comment out #include "argz.h" from one of the source then it
built.  Regarding "naked-bfd", libbfd.a was successfully built but
when dumper links to it bfd.c had some unresolved symbols.  That was
the end of show without a success.

Now I got the executable from Egor so no interest in struggling to
build it anymore.  Thanks anyway.

However, I am having the next level of problem in this ordeal.

When I compile and run the following program I get the next message
and no core is created.

/* bug.c */
int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
  char *x = 0;
  *x = '0';
  return 0;
}

bash-2.05$ bug
      0 [main] bug 2140 handle_exceptions: Error while dumping state (probably corrupted stack)
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
bash-2.05$ ls
Makefile  Makefile~  bug.c  bug.c~  bug.exe*  bug.o
bash-2.05$

I have dumper specified as this.

CYGWIN = `error_start=d:\cygwin\bin\dumper.exe'

-Tak

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/