Subject: Re: initdb failure - postgres hangs with 100% CPU
From: "Clark C . Evans" <[email-masked]>
To: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:26:28 -0400

Jason,  

My sincere apologies for ignorance and for being 
provocative, it came without any justification.  
I do cherish your python and postgresql contribution
to cygwin and look forward to trying plpython.

This whole thing came after significant hair pulling
trying to get PostgreSQL compile and run with Active 
State's Python (I need threads).   For some reason,
me being very tired probably contributing, when I read
your posting, it made me remember the FAQ_MSWIN so I 
jumped immediately there (without going to /usr/doc/Cygwin)
and figured out the problem with cygipc.  After getting
it all to work, I sent off the message to you _privately_
to ask why it didn't install out of the box...  It would 
figure that this is a licensing issue, oh bother.  Bugger
me for not even reading /usr/doc/Cygwin/postresql-7.1.2.README

Apologies,

Clark

P.S.  I do think it would be helpful if the package specific
readme files were in /usr/doc rather than /usr/doc/Cygwin.
Up till now I didn't even know that /usr/doc/Cygwin existed.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/