Subject: Re: application icons
From: Dario Alcocer <[email-masked]>
To: "Michael Scheibler" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 06:57:17 -0700

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Scheibler <[email-masked]> writes:

    Michael> Well, actually I wanted to know how to link an .exe with
    Michael> an icon.  I tried this:

    Michael> echo "iconid icon file.ico" | windres -O coff -o file.o
    Michael> gcc .... file.o -o binary.exe

    Michael> What am I doing wrong?

Not sure, but why don't you take a look at the Tcl/Tk sources?  I'm
pretty sure they link in icons for cygtclsh80.exe and cygwish80.exe
(at least, the programs show an icon other than the ugly default one.)
The makefile should offer some clues on how to link an icon in.
Another good program to look at is the Setup application.  The sources
for it are in either 'cygwin' or 'common' (I don't remember at the
moment.)  The Cygwin setup program would show you how to link a
straight Win32 application (i.e. cygwin.dll isn't linked to.)

The sources for tcltk are available at any Cygwin mirror.  For the
list of mirrors, check at http://www.cygwin.com.

-- 
Dario Alcocer -- Sr. Software Developer, Helix Digital Inc.
[email-masked] -- http://www.helixdigital.com

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/