Subject: Re: would love it if more people made contributions?
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: 10 Jul 2001 10:24:31 +0200

Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]> writes:

> Sorry for not responding.  Since setup.exe support is a team effort
> these days, I assume that everyone thought that everyone else would
> respond.

Yes.  We get such messages on the gnu-music-discuss list too.  Was it
really that bad?  :-)

> I know that I didn't respond because of a few things: 1) You said that
> the patch was untested, and I didn't have time to test it, 2) Your patch
> didn't adhere to the guidelines on contrib.html, 3) Your patch did not
> seem to be against the current sources, which would potentially mean
> that there would be a lot of effort getting it into the current sources.

Ok.  I'll fix these things and get back with a new version, modulo any
discussion that follows, of course.

> So, I probably should have just responded and mentioned all of this.  I
> did have your email in my queue of things to respond to.  I'm sorry that
> I (or some other developer) didn't respond sooner.

That's ok, the volume of cygwin is rather high.  Glad this message
caught your attention.

> This kind of functionality has always been something that we've been
> interested in adding to setup.exe.

Ok, that's all I wanted to hear.  Testing is rather awkward for me
too, and it's little use polishing a patch that noone's interested
in.  See, I'm lazy too.

Greetings,
Jan.

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/