Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: ghostscript-6.51-1
From: Dario Alcocer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "David A. Cobb" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 08:01:14 -0700

>>>>> "David" == David A Cobb <[email-masked]> writes:

    David> Are any of the Viewer programs that work with Ghostscript
    David> open-source, and have any been ported to Cygwin?

There's GSview, which supports Win32, but the docs say that it
requires an AFPL release of Ghostscript.  I don't know if it can be
made to work with Cygwin release of the GNU version.

There's also GV, but it's an X viewer.  You may try searching the
cygwin-xfree mailing list archive to see if anyone's been able to get
the GV viewer up and running.

    David> And, where do I find GV or GSView(?).  I know Ghostview
    David> comes from Ghostgum, I haven't checked out their license
    David> terms.

I did a 'grep -i' for gsview in /usr/doc/ghostscript-6.51, and found
that Install.htm and New-user.htm contain information regarding
GSview.  New-user.htm also had info regarding the Ghostview viewer.

-- 
Dario Alcocer -- Sr. Software Developer, Helix Digital Inc.
[email-masked] -- http://www.helixdigital.com

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/