Subject: Perl 5.6.1-1 with Apache 1.3.20-i686-whatever-cygwin
From: "Ñãzã®78" <[email-masked]>
To: "Cygwin Maillist" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 20:23:09 +0800

Greetings.

I wonder if anyone manage to run Perl 5.6.1-1 with Apache
1.3.20-i686-whatever-cygwin's release in the HTTP environment. But It works
fine with SHELL mode. It seems that perl interpreter won't exit even after
"END{};" nor "exit;". The installations, including Apache's, was a smooth
process.

There's no 500 Errors but this was what I got in Apache's error log after
HTTPD hangs the browser which I assumed Perl won't except exit signal right
after Perl's last STDOUT:

=cut
[Sun Jul  8 19:39:55 2001] [warn] child process 356967 still did not exit,
sending a SIGTERM
[Sun Jul  8 19:39:55 2001] [warn] child process 496755 still did not exit,
sending a SIGTERM
[Sun Jul  8 19:39:55 2001] [warn] child process 412563 still did not exit,
sending a SIGTERM
[Sun Jul  8 19:39:55 2001] [warn] child process 493271 still did not exit,
sending a SIGTERM
[Sun Jul  8 19:39:55 2001] [warn] child process 331755 still did not exit,
sending a SIGTERM
[Sun Jul  8 19:39:59 2001] [error] child process 356967 still did not exit,
sending a SIGKILL
[Sun Jul  8 19:39:59 2001] [error] child process 496755 still did not exit,
sending a SIGKILL
[Sun Jul  8 19:39:59 2001] [error] child process 412563 still did not exit,
sending a SIGKILL
[Sun Jul  8 19:39:59 2001] [error] child process 493271 still did not exit,
sending a SIGKILL
[Sun Jul  8 19:39:59 2001] [error] child process 331755 still did not exit,
sending a SIGKILL
[Sun Jul  8 19:40:00 2001] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
=cut

The last SIGTERM was from my "^C" which unfortunately kill the HTTPD's
process altogether. Hope that this will help in "Perl 5.6.1-1Trial" next
to-do list.

Thank you.

Regards,
Ñãzã®78 @ [email-masked]

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/