Subject: RE: sshd does not authenticae (latest cygwin and win2k)
From: Peter Buckley <[email-masked]>
To: "'Timo Kaluza'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 14:37:07 -0400

Try Mike Erdely's web page at 
http://mike.erdelynet.com/ssh.asp

and his ssh-l mailing list is good too.

-Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Timo Kaluza [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2001 3:26 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: sshd does not authenticae (latest cygwin and win2k)

hello list,

I have the problem that sshd doesn't authenticate me on a win2k.
I have the latest cygwin, compiled and installed openssl, compiled and
installed openssh and got it run.
I also followed the usual FAQ hints for the creation of /etc/passwd and
/etc/group and the manipulation of these.

But I did not manage to authenticate me. I can login but "sshd -d" always
keep telling me "Failed for password for...".

Any useful hints?

Best regards and thanks

Timo

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/