Subject: Re: Can't start windows-progs like 'edit' over telnet
From: "Andreas Schlager" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 11:36:00 +0200

Am 5 Jul 2001, um 12:25 Uhr schrieb egor duda:

> you can run _console_ non-cygwin applications via cygwin telnet/ssh,
> if you use "ttyfier" program. see
> http://ns.logos-m.ru/~deo/ttyfier.html

Hi Egor,

I've installed your tfy-program. I've set the CYGWIN - env. var to 
'tty'.

When I run f.e. 'tfy cmd', then first a pile of error-messages like 

'"/etc/termcap", line 61, terminal 'pcansi-mono': 
enter_alt_charset_mode but no acs_chars'

 arises. Then I get the WindowsNT command-prompt, but it shows no 
reaction of typing in something.

What could there be wrong?

Andy.

Andreas Schlager, EDV
[email-masked]

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/