Subject: RE: Virus found in gdb, ghostscript and python
From: Peter Buckley <[email-masked]>
To: "'Shirley Goldstein'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 14:23:39 -0400

More on the joy of mcafee-

http://www.google.com/search?num=25&hl=en&safe=off&q=mcafee+site%3Acygwin.co
m&btnG=Google+Search

-Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Shirley Goldstein [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 2:14 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: fyi: Virus found in gdb, ghostscript and python

Hello,

This morning I downloaded from ftp://ftp.nas.nasa.gov the complete
(default) cygwin download and installed it.  My virus checker
(Network Associates McAfee VirusScan ww/SP v4.5.0.534
Virus definitions: 4.0.4145  Scan Engine: 4.1.40)
found 3 files it didn't like during the install, which it
suggested be deleted as they were not clean-able:

 7/3/01	10:03 AM	Deleted	SYSTEM	
 C:\tmp\latest\gdb\gdb-20010428-1.tar.gz\GDB-20010428-1.TAR	

 7/3/01	10:04 AM	Deleted	SYSTEM	
 C:\tmp\contrib\ghostscript\ghostscript-5.50-2.tar.gz\GHOSTSCRIPT-5.50-2.TAR

 7/3/01	10:11 AM	Deleted	SYSTEM	
 C:\tmp\contrib\python\python-2.1-1.tar.gz\PYTHON-2.1-1.TAR

Shirley Goldstein
UCLA-Academic Technology Services
5308 Math Science, Box 951557
Los Angeles, CA  90095-1557
(310)206-9605
[email-masked]
http://www.ats.ucla.edu

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/