Subject: Re: RCS 5.7 problems...
From: "Gary" <[email-masked]>
To: "John Wiersba" <[email-masked]>, "Andrew Markebo" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 10:12:08 -0500

I don't think so...  for two reasons.

The FSF version of RCS 5.7 I have (from their DOS utils CDR of '98) expects
the DOS version line terminators... but it still works with files that have
just <LF> terminator.... the exception being that it finds that the entire
file changed (ie, every line has a different termination as far as it's
concerned so the entire file is "changed"....  but it still doesn't
"destroy" the RCS file.  (Ok, "destroy" may be a little strong... see below)

Secondly, I've looked at the ,v files "by hand" and tried it with both a
<CR><LF> terminator and without and done this on both binary mounts and text
mounts.  You get the same result.  The RCS ,v file has the correct structure
& syntax, it just looks like you only checked in the file with about the
first 1K bytes intact.... which is exactly what you get when you check it
out the next time.  It's almost like the 'ci' command is getting a premature
EOF when it's reading/copying from your changed file into the RCS file as
it's rebuilding it.

Gary

---------- Remove -nospam before mailing -----------
Gary L. Filipski, [email-masked]
Effective Software Systems
PO Box 701141
San Antonio, TX  78270
(210) 494-0635

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Markebo" <[email-masked]>
To: "John Wiersba" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "'Gary'" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 8:16 AM
Subject: Re: RCS 5.7 problems...

> Just a thought.. it isn't something like problem between dos and unix
> linefeeds?
>
>         /Andy

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/