Subject: RE: Having problems to start cygwin
From: Peter Buckley <[email-masked]>
To: "'Karl Johan Larsson'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 09:51:43 -0400

This is probably in the faq or readme on installation. 
Did you follow all the instructions to install?-

DOCS:                  http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/

My first bet would be that you don't have C:\cygwin\bin
in your system PATH variable. 

I don't have win2k, so I don't know if setting the PATH 
variable is the same as NT- but I am pretty sure you 
will need to reboot for the new setting to take effect.

In NT, I right click on "My Computer" and choose "Properties."
Then I click the "Environment" tab, and select the PATH variable 
from the list of system variables. I add C:\cygwin\bin at the end, 
separated by a semi-colon.

-Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl Johan Larsson [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 9:19 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Having problems to start cygwin 

I downloaded cygwin (all packages) on to my machine just to get to
know the bash shell a bit better (I don't have access to a UNIX
machine so I figured that this was my way to learn something about
sell scripting). I am running Win 2000 on this machine

Installation seemed to work fine but when I try to start the
application (by executing the cygwin.bat-file from cmd prompt) i get
the return message:
'bash' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.

Thus I can't get the bash shell to work.

What have I done wrong here? How do I fix it? If this question has
been answered before on this mailing list, I ask for your patience and
a link to where I can get a description of what to do.

Regards
Kallis, Sweden

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/