Subject: Re: Problem while installing Cygwin
From: David Starks-Browning <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "Anitha Ramesh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 14:22:11 +0100

On Monday 2 Jul 01, Anitha Ramesh writes:
> Hello,
> 
>     Thank you for your kind assistance.
> 
>    I got Cygwin b20.1 from www.go.cygwin.com
> 
>    I installed as per the instructions given in "Installing PRC-Tools with 
> Cygwin" under http://www.palmos.com/dev/tech/tools/gcc/install-win.html.
> 
>    Now I am going to start my coding part.
> 
>    Once again Thank You.
> 
> Regds,
> Anitha

Well, that's not what the Cygwin community wanted to hear, but that's
not your problem.

It turns out that Palm, Inc. distributes b20.1 (full.exe I think,
though they don't quite call it that) from www.palmos.com.  Their
palmos version of gcc (and possibly some other tools) apparently
requires it.

That said, I've made myself known on the pilot.programmer.gcc
newsgroup on news.massena.com, which is where all the gcc palm
programmers hang out (or should hang out).

It seems that there is an active effort to modernise the palm gcc
tools to be compatible with the current Cygwin.  I'll try to help with
that effort.  For the sake of completeness, its home page is
<http://prc-tools.sourceforge.net/>.

I also promised that we wouldn't actively pursue palmos.com to pull
their b20.1 distribution, at least not until they have updated their
tools.  Is that reasonable?

Thanks,
David

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/