Subject: Re: Rxvt vs. command.com as standard cygwin window
From: Axel Boldt <[email-masked]>
To: Randall R Schulz <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 21:30:11 +0200 (MET DST)

Randall R Schulz <[email-masked]> said:

Randall> I can see no reason to involve CMD or COMMAND or to use RUN
Randall> in the process of getting a Cygwin shell going. I don't know
Randall> if this is suitable under Windows 9x or ME, but for NT and
Randall> 2K, it works fine.

I use Windows 98, and without the command.com to start bash there
won't be any way to do cut and paste in the cygwin console window. If
I start rxvt without run, I'll get an ugly black terminal window which
immediately goes away and rxvt appears.

Axel

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/