Subject: Re: Re: cygrunsrv wont start sshd as service
From: Fred Yankowski <[email-masked]>
To: Clark Sims <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 09:37:44 -0500

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 07:46:21AM -0500, Clark Sims wrote:
> I don't know how to read the Event log. If you care to explain how, I will
> gladly do it.

On my WinNT 4 machine it goes like this:

  + Execute Start -> Programs -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer
  + Scan the System Log (Log -> System menu item) for events with
    "Service Control Manager" as the source.  Peruse the event details
    to look for clues.
  + Scan the Application Log (Log -> Application) looking for events
    sourced by the paricular service.   Study those for clues.

-- 
Fred Yankowski           [email-masked]      tel: +1.630.879.1312
Principal Consultant     www.OntoSys.com       fax: +1.630.879.1370
OntoSys, Inc             38W242 Deerpath Rd, Batavia, IL 60510, USA

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/