Subject: Re: Cygwin: Open or Closed System? (was: two problems with cygwin's zip)
From: "B. K. Oxley \(binkley\)" <[email-masked]>
To: "Fred T. Hamster" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 10:28:47 -0500

From: "Fred T. Hamster" <[email-masked]>

>   i for one cannot accept the rationale being promulgated that a
system
> for unix emulation on win32 should be ignorant of the native
platform's
> path specification, when calling into the environment from windows is
> clearly a desirable capability.  to me, that rationale seems to

It would also be nice to see more said of other alternatives, such as
UWIN, and how the compare with Cygwin.  I'm sure they have good ideas we
can reuse, just as Cygwin has good ideas they can reuse.

--binkley

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/