Subject: Re: Sergy Okhapkin's scp1 and ssh take 3 minutes to initialize
From: Fred Yankowski <[email-masked]>
To: Clark Sims <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 16:10:56 -0500

Have you tried running ssh with the -v option to watch what's going
on?  What step is it on when it hangs for a long time?

Searching on Google for "ssh long delay on login" gives some hints
that problems with reverse DNS lookups could cause such delays.  Try
doing "nslookup <your Cygwin machine's IP address here>" from the host
you're trying to connect to -- if that hangs, it suggests that you've
got reverse-DNS problems.

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 02:42:14PM -0500, Clark Sims wrote:
> I got the ssh, and scp to work that came with the cygwin distribution. They
> have the same problem that Sergy ports have, in that they take a long time
> to connect to the server.

-- 
Fred Yankowski           [email-masked]      tel: +1.630.879.1312
Principal Consultant     www.OntoSys.com       fax: +1.630.879.1370
OntoSys, Inc             38W242 Deerpath Rd, Batavia, IL 60510, USA

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/