Subject: Re: I found where to download NT Resource Kit
From: "Clark Sims" <[email-masked]>
To: "Charles S. Wilson" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 14:36:40 -0500

>Anyway, the cygwin 'kill' command can be used to kill native windows
>processes.  Also, the cygrunsrv program can be used to replace both
>instsrv and srvany -- and better yet, cygrunsrv groks cygwin, so it
>works better than srvany when used with cygwin daemons.  Like sshd.
>

What does groks mean?

What does "works better, mean"? I thought either the daeom worked or it did
not,  ie. works is a bolean as opposed to continuous.

What are the commands, using cygrunsrv, to replace the NT Reskit commands:

instsrv.exe SecureShellDaemon
srvany.exe -a mypc\root -p root

(mypc is the computers name on the network)

Thanks in Advance,

Clark

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/