Subject: Re: Sergy Okhapkin's scp1 and ssh take 3 minutes to initialize
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 13:31:54 -0400

Why aren't you using the ssh that comes with the cygwin distribution?

cgf

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 12:03:58PM -0500, Clark Sims wrote:
>Hello all,
>I am useing the latest version of cygwin. I downloaded it a week ago. I just
>downloaded Sergy Okhapkin's ssh1 and scp1, and both seem to work. However
>there is a 3 minute pause, between the time that I type the ssh1 or scp1
>command, and the time when the server prompts me for passwords and
>passphrases. Is this normal? Is there a way to improve speed? I checked the
>archives, and some people reported simular problems. The post also state
>that Sergy is working on a fix. Does anybody know if the fix is availble?
>
>The book "SSH The Secure Shell, The Definitive Guide", goes through a
>detailed installation of Sergy's ssh1, scp1 and sshd. It does not mention
>any problems with long pauses. I have to wonder if maybe there is some suble
>configuration problem. Has anybody else on this list, installed Sergy's
>ssh1, scp1 and gotten them to work quickly?
>
>Thanks in Advance,

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/