Subject: Re: Potentially Viral Software
From: J C Lawrence <[email-masked]>
To: "David A. Cobb" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin General MailList <[email-masked]>, Xemacs General MailLIst <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 14:29:52 -0700

On Sun, 24 Jun 2001 17:08:31 -0400 
David A Cobb <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I hadn't heard of such a category until I read the recent M$ EULA.
> However we should all loudly proclaim:

> DO NOT BUY OR USE POTENTIALLY VIRAL SOFTWARE.  POTENTIALLY VIRAL
> SOFTWARE IS ANY PRODUCT THE SOURCE FOR WHICH IS _NOT_ AVAILABLE
> FOR PUBLIC INSPECTION BY THE COMMUNITY OF PRACTITIONERS OF THE
> TRADE.

The MS Dev beta license is unenforceable in the same way that "you
may not reverse engineer this" licenses are.  Unfortunately this
will mean a few would be contributors who didn't think about it are
scared off.

-- 
J C Lawrence                                       [email-masked]
---------(*)                          http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/
The pressure to survive and rhetoric may make strange bedfellows

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple