Subject: Re: Window position
From: "Ehud Karni" <[email-masked]>
To: "Ken Collins" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Andrej Borsenkow <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 14:38:14 +0300

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:16:04 -0400, Ken Collins <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> One of the features I'm really missing in Cygwin is the ability to
> reposition the terminal window (either console or rxvt) using echo, with
> something like this:
> 
> echo -n "\033[3;9;17t"
> 
> Is this a feature that's missing in termcaps? 

It has nothing to do with the termcap or terminfo, since you are echoing
directly. Anyway, THERE IS direct addressing capability in both console
and rxvt and it is the same string - "\E[<line>;<column>H". Both line
and column start from 1. e.g. to position to line 10, column 30 you
should do: echo -en "\033[10;30H"

BTW. The terminfo capability name is "cup". You can do infocmp (like I
did) and see its definition.

Ehud.

-- 
 Ehud Karni     Mivtach - Simon  Insurance   /"\
 Tel: +972-3-6212-757 Fax: +972-3-6292-544   \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 (USA) Fax and  voice  mail: 1-815-5509341    X   Against  HTML  Mail
     Better     Safe     Than     Sorry      / \
     mailto:[email-masked]    http://www.simonwiesel.co.il

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple