Subject: Re: cygipc does not seem to work!!!
From: "Brian Michael Genisio" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] (Charles S. Wilson)
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 13:37:06 -0400 (EDT)

>
> Here's a thought: Brian, you're not using the '--tight-security' option
> with the background ipc-daemon process, are you?
>
> --Chuck

Nope... I am just running ipc-daemon without any options... in Win98.  I might
look through the code a bit, and see what I can do, but then, I may not since
I have a hacked solution...  I implemented a similar interface by removing shm
calls, and using mmapped files instead.  Only problem is that the reader could
not do a msync on the file, I have to unmap and map each time I want to
read....

It is not the most clean way to handle shared memory between apps, and they run
much slower then I really want,  but I wasnt sure what else to do.

Thanks,
Brian

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple