Subject: Re: List of legal color names for "rxvt -bg"?
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 03:15:44 +0200

Christopher Faylor schrieb am 2001-06-15, 21:02:

> On Sat, Jun 16, 2001 at 02:53:33AM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> >Well the listing in 'COLORS AND GRAPHICS' as mentioned above is
> >missing in the manpage unfortunately, nut you may find them in
> >thew source...
> 
> I just downloaded the latest version of rxvt.  My man page has this
> section.

rxvt-2.7.2-6.tar.gz
is this the latest?

[...]
COLORS AND GRAPHICS
       If graphics support was enabled at compile-time, rxvt  can
       be  queried  with  ANSI  escape  sequences and can address
       individual pixels instead of text  characters.   Note  the
       graphics support is still considered beta code.

       In  addition  to  the  default  foreground  and background
       colours, rxvt can display up to 16 colours (8 ANSI colours
       plus  high-intensity  bold/blink  versions  of  the same).
       Here is a list of the colours with their rgb.txt names.

       It is also possible to specify the colour values of  fore-
       ground,  background,  cursorColor,  cursorColor2, colorBD,
       colorUL as a number 0-15, as  a  convenient  shorthand  to
       reference the colour name of color0-color15.

       Note  that  -rv  ("reverseVideo:  True") simulates reverse
       video  by  always   swapping   the   foreground/background
       colours.   This  is  in  contrast  to  xterm(1)  where the
       colours are only swapped if they have not  otherwise  been
       specified.  For example,

       rxvt -fg Black -bg White -rv
              would  yield  White  on Black, while on xterm(1) it
              would yield Black on White.
[...]

compare with:
http://www.rxvt.org/manual.html

gph

-- 
=^..^=

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple