Subject: Glib not possible as a shared library? (missing shared -luser32)
From: Christof Petig <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 17:40:11 +0200

If I try to build glib.dll I get the following error: (recent cygwin)

/bin/sh ./libtool --mode=link gcc  -g -O2 -Wall -D_REENTRANT  -o
libglib-1.3.la -rpath /usr/local/lib -version-info 5:0:0
-export-dynamic -no-undefined  garray.lo gasyncqueue.lo gbacktrace.lo
gcache.lo gcompletion.lo gconvert.lo gdataset.lo gdate.lo gerror.lo
gfileutils.lo ghash.lo ghook.lo giochannel.lo glist.lo gmain.lo
gmarkup.lo gmem.lo gmessages.lo gnode.lo gpattern.lo gprimes.lo
gqsort.lo gqueue.lo grel.lo grand.lo gscanner.lo gshell.lo gslist.lo
gstrfuncs.lo gstring.lo gthread.lo gthreadpool.lo gtimer.lo gtree.lo
guniprop.lo gutf8.lo gunibreak.lo gunidecomp.lo gutils.lo giounix.lo
gspawn.lo gwin32.lo -liconv -luser32 -lwsock32 -lkernel32 -lintl
rm -fr .libs/libglib-1.3.la .libs/libglib-1.3.* .libs/libglib-1.3.*

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -luser32.

*** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in
when
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by
-lwsock32.
*** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in
when
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by
-lkernel32.
*** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in
when
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.

*** Since this library must not contain undefined symbols,
*** because either the platform does not support them or
*** it was explicitly requested with -no-undefined,
*** libtool will only create a static version of it.

Perhaps it's libtools fault, but what to do?
   Christof

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple