Subject: Re: Calling SSH from Expect - URGENT
From: Andrew Markebo <[email-masked]>
To: "Simha, Shuba" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: 14 Jun 2001 22:09:19 +0200

/ "Simha, Shuba" <[email-masked]> wrote:
| -----Original Message-----
| From: Andrew Markebo [mailto:[email-masked]]
| Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 2:48 PM
| 
| Could it be that ssh doesn't use stdin or something for reading the
| password..
| 
| An alternative way, of not needing to enter the password is to add
| your public key to the authorized_keys and/or authorized_keys2 files on
| the receiving host.
| SHUBA : INFACT I TRIED THE SAME PROCESS WITH AN EMPTY PASSPHRASE (ie, Expect
| script without the 'expect' and 'send' statements), AND IT WORKS !!! BUT MY
| TEAM LEAD DOES NOT WANT IT TO WORK WITH AN EMPTY PASSPHRASE..

Ok we now know that the problem lies in ssh, not in expect, neither
cygwin. Time for you to start digging in the ssh-sourcecode or
similar, as Corinna said, you just need to modify it so it reads from
stdin instead of /dev/tty or whatever.. 

Another alternative might be using authorized keys as I mentioned,
thats a little stronger than 'no password'. 

ssh-agent might also be interesting.. 

        /Andy

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple