Subject: Re: BASH question HISTCONTROL
From: "Ehud Karni" <[email-masked]>
To: "Patrick Ohnewein" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 23:07:30 +0300

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 16:27:26 +0200, Patrick Ohnewein <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> I use 'HISTCONTROL=ignoreboth' and used 'HISTCONTROL=ignoredups' before.
> ignoreboth implies ignoredups, but I am looking for a manner to avoid 
> getting a command more than once in my history file (.bash_history), 
> ignoredups only avoids multiple CONSEQUENT equal lines.

I intended to answer your request but I found out I have answer for
tcsh not bash since tcsh has been ported to cygwin you might try it.
Add the line:
    set histdup = erase            # save only unique entries
to your .login (or .cshrc if your using tcsh just for interactive
sessions, like I do).

Ehud.

-- 
 @@@@@@ @@@ @@@@@@ @    @    Ehud Karni                       ינרק דוהא
     @    @      @  @@  @    Senior System Support   בשחמ תוכרעמב הכימת
     @    @ @    @ @  @@     Mivtach - Simon               ןומיס - חטבמ
     @    @ @    @ @    @    Insurance agencies          חוטבל תויונכוס
 Better  Safe  Than  Sorry   Tel: +972-3-6212-757  Fax: +972-3-6292-544
 http://www.simonwiesel.co.il        mailto:[email-masked]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple