Subject: Re: 1.3.2: signgam problem still present in plotutils, gnuplot etc.
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 19:53:12 -0400

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 09:35:38PM +0200, Frank Wuebbeling wrote:
>> Hmm.  I don't recall anyone submitting a patch for this.
>
>The mailing on the CYGWIN list I referred to had a patch, to which several
>people agreed it worked. It almost also did the job for plotutils, meaning
>it revealed a problem in plotutils, removing that one made it work (the
>problem was that plotutils assumes that signgam is a variable, and
>redeclares it - which fails if it is not and is obsolete anyway since math.h
>is responsible for declaring it).
>
>Again, the page was http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2001-03/msg01837.html. I
>quote the main idea. I have no idea whatsoever what the change really does,
>so I don't want to submit a patch - I just propose reconsidering the old
>posting which had one. I incorporated the fix in math.h. Here's the original
>posting:

Ok.  That's not a patch.  I have no idea where this definition would go.
I'm sure that I could probably track it down but, if it is important to
you, you should start a thread on the newlib mailing list, asking for
the change since this is apparently a newlib construction.

I've cc'ed newlib and redirected the discussion there.

cgf

>> The same problem occurs compiling the latest beta version of gnuplot for
>> X-Windows using Cygwin v1.1.8 (gcc 2.95.2-6). Your reommended fix of
>> inserting
>> in the soucre code the definition of signgam
>>
>> extern __IMPORT struct _reent reent_data;
>> #define signgam reent_data._new._reent._gamma_signgam
>>
>> works.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple