Subject: Re: GCC 2.95.3-4 Problem
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 17:44:48 -0400

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 02:07:02PM -0700, David Highley wrote:
>If I build a small application, the what utility, with the -mno-cygwin
>option it fails on an freopen of stdin.  You get no compiler errors and
>no run time execution errors.  If I try and build with the -static
>option you get no compiler diagnostics but the build will not run on a
>system without the cygwin1.dl library.  So what is the magic for
>building an application with the Cygwin port that can run on any
>Windows goober box without Cygwin?

The magic is called www.mingw.org.  This is the cygwin mailing list.
The -mno-cygwin option is added as a (regrettable) convenience for
people who want to build non-cygwin apps.  It basically produces
a mingw application.

If you are having a problem with -mno-cygwin then peruse the
mingw information.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple