Subject: Re: [avail for test] readline-4.2-1
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: "Charles S. Wilson" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin Users <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 10:02:24 -0400

Chuck,

On Sun, Jun 10, 2001 at 08:03:44PM -0400, Charles S. Wilson wrote:
> 
> If you've been following the subthread between Robert Collins and I,
> then you understand why I haven't pushed too hard to get the readline
> patch into Chet's official sources.  I really don't want to fight that
> battle -- and then have to fight to get it removed if Paul Sokolovsky's
> modified binutils works as advertised.

Yes, I've been following the thread and yes, I understand your reluctance
to fight.  Unfortunately, I know the experience all to well.  Sigh...

> So, I guess we'll just have to live with the status quo for a the time
> being, unless you want to take over readline, 200k patch and all.

I guess at this point I'd rather wait and see what happens with Paul's
stuff.

BTW, I seem to have finally succeeded in convincing the PostgreSQL team
to accept my readline patch.  See the following thread, if interested:

    http://fts.postgresql.org/db/mw/msg.html?mid=121524

Next up, is the Python folks -- which I hope (and think) will be easier
since the Python readline module will not compile against readline 4.2
on any platform.

Jason

-- 
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: 732.264.8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corp.               Fax:   732.264.8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7             Email: [email-masked]
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA                 WWW:   http://www.dothill.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple