Subject: RE: boehm-gc .comm problem
From: "Boehm, Hans" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 09:02:24 -0700

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Tony Kimball [mailto:[email-masked]]

> cygwin/pthreads on linux (run-time problems in GC due to
> implementation-dependencies in the GC code)
> 
I believe those should be pretty minimal at this point, at least if you
start with what's now in the trunk.   I'm sure the code there is not
technically pthreads conforming, but I'm under the impression that it should
be possible to get it to work fairly easily on most pthreads platforms.  I'd
be interested in any problems, since my long term goals is to use the
linux_threads.c code to provide suppport for all pthreads platforms  (thus
eliminating the separate support for Solaris and Irix).  The same code
already works for both Linux threads and HP/UX pthreads.  (There is also
Tru64 support, which I can't test.)

Hans

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple