Subject: Re: Cygwin-1.3.2 and emacs 20.7
From: Karel Sprenger <[email-masked]>
To: "Mark Schoenberg" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: 05 Jun 2001 09:00:10 +0200

Hi,

>>> On Tue, 5 Jun 2001 03:33:25 +0200, Mark Schoenberg (Mark) wrote:
Mark> 
Mark>       I have noticed that shell commands in emacs-20.7, which executed
Mark> without problem under Cygwin-1.1.8, do not work under Cygwin-1.3.2.
Mark> They crash emacs with the standard Windows error message that "emacs
Mark> has caused an error in emacs.exe".  Has anyone else seen this problem?
Mark> 

I haven't noticed that behaviour, but when I run bash as the shell it
doesn't know about pwd nor a number of aliasses I defined.  I have
ntemacs start bash as an interactive login shell by setting
explicit-shell-file-name to "bash" and explicit-bash-args to the list
("--login" "-i").  All this with cygwin 1.3.2-1, bash 2.05.6, and
ntemacs 20.7.3.  Any ideas?

Cheers,
Karel

-- 
Karel Sprenger, senior solution specialist
COMPAQ, Professional Services
Phone:  +31 (30) 283 4542           Private: +31 (20) 670 0942
E-mail: [email-masked]   Private: [email-masked]
"Memory fault -- core...uh...um...core... Oh dammit, I forget!"

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple