Subject: Re: Apache 1.3.20 & apxs
From: "S. L." <[email-masked]>
To: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 12:09:41 +0200 (MEST)

Here's the exactly error when trying to start with apxs made modules:

$ /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start
Syntax error on line 205 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Can't locate API module structure `env_module' in file
/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_env.dll: dlsym: Win32 error 127
/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

No log file in @@ServerRoot@@/logs created.

If it's of any help, here are the 2 lines about env_module grepped from
objdump -t and nm on mod_env.dll, respectively:

[313](sec  2)(fl 0x00)(ty   0)(scl   2) (nx 0) 0x00000000 _env_module

cce82000 D _env_module

I think that the reason for this behaviour is the definition of
MODULE_VAR_EXPORT and API_EXPORT(type) variables, which for the first of them is left at
the latitude of ap_config.h and for the second is treated rather simply in
os/cygwin/os.h. The approach to solve the problem should be inspired from
os/win32/os.h, but conforming with cygwin rules.

And one last argue about w9x version and cgi connections -- the problem
happens for a brand new source tree configured and made without any external
modules (i.e. running either ./configure or ./configure --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE
only).

                                     SLao

-- 
Sent through GMX FreeMail - http://www.gmx.net

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple