Subject: Re: [avail for test] readline-4.2-1 also xpm and xpm-nox
From: "Karl M" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 08:21:53 -0700

Hi All...

For now, could you just include the extra library in the new release? To 
give time for the change over? Wouldn't that let setup-2.57 still do its 
thing correctly for almost everyone?

Does this approach also apply to xpm xpm-nox? Could the new release also 
include the old library for a while?

Then how long is a while? I think that OpenSSH deals with this issue in 
interoperability between versions. A new feature can't break 
interoperability with the previous version, but they don't keep that up 
forever. So the users have to stay somewhat current, but not up to the 
minute.

Personally, I think one or two versions is long enough. If I am using a 
package with more active development going on (a faster update rate) then I 
need to update more often to stay current.

Thanks,

...Karl
_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple