Subject: Re: need unix script utility to record terminal session
From: "Victor M. Esquivel" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], "Victor M. Esquivel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 00:16:14 -0700

Hey Perry,

When ever I need to capture a session, I redirect I/O and pipe it to
"tee".  I can't remember the last time that I was not able to capture
everything in a session (including passwords and such).

Examples from a BASH prompt:
===
tnhp.sh input.txt 2>&1 | tee output.log
chksnmpstp.sh 10.2.200.57 2>&1 | tee stpchk-10.2.200.57.txt

Note: The tnhp.sh example is a BASH script that calls an Expect script
(which then does a telnet to various devices).

HTH,

-victor

> I need the unix script utility that records terminal input and output
> as user creates it for cygwin. No luck searching archives.
> 
> Does anyone know if and or where this exists?
> 
> Thanks,
> Perry
> 
> Perry Dykes

-- 
/---------------------------\ /----------------------------------\
|     Victor M. Esquivel     | NetworkCare Professional Services |
| Network Systems Consultant |   2377 Gold Meadow Way, Suit 230  |
|    [email-masked]    |        Gold River, CA 95670       |
|    (916) 859-5200 x338     |         FAX (916) 859-5201        |
\---------------------------/ \----------------------------------/
 \           Disclaimer: Standard disclaimer applies.           /
  \------------------------------------------------------------/

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple