Subject: Re: Apache 1.3.20 & apxs
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: "S. L." <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 00:28:59 +0200

> Are there some more hints about doing this under cygwin, because except
> --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE, any attempt to have an --enable-shared=module does not
> compile.

The configure flag --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE produces the libhttpd.dll library that
is used to allow dynamic allocations of the preforked childs of httpd.

Basicly if you do --add-module=<module> it will be linked into libhttpd.dll. So if
you mean if there is a mechanism that allows dynamic-loading of various modules
<module>.dll within libhttpd.dll runtime using configure statements in httpd.conf as
it is supported for DSO (UNIX and Linux) then I have to say _no_.

You have to compile and link all required modules to libhttpd.dll. That DLL will be
shared then for all preforked httpd childs.

The --enable-shared=<module> ability will be the next aim I will focus on. It should
allow such dynamic-loaded modules as known from the native Win32 version and the UNIX
derivates.

Regards,

Stipe Tolj
Department Management
Technology Center & Research Lab

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple